- Watson speaks out
- In a voice cracking with emotion, Jim Watson told reporters Wednesday he was "devastated" by
the news that his wife's skeletal remains had been found in south Fulton County.
- Both the Development Authority of Peachtree City and
the Peachtree City Airport Authority told the City Council last
weekend that current appropriations from the city's hotel-motel tax
are important for the authorities' programs and operations.
Plans for new jail
- Fayette County Commissioners, meeting Tuesday with
the Peachtree City Council, asked for and received support from
the council on building a new county jail in Fayetteville to replace
the current overcrowded facility.
Library with the latest technology
- If you've wondered why the Peachtree City Library has
been closed until 11 a.m. on Wednesdays, it's because the staff is
getting more training to help patrons with the latest technology at
- Peachtree City police arrested a 32-year-old Peachtree City
man after receiving a report March 20 on a suspicious person behind
the NOAA Weather Center on Falcon Drive, reports show.
News from a council meeting
- A Masonic Lodge for the Whitlock Place commercial subdivision has been approved by the
Peachtree City Council, but a zoning text amendment to allow private clubs was not extended beyond that use.
Recreation plans discussed
- Recreation needs for Peachtree City are changing as its
populace ages, but a full-service plan for meeting leisure needs over
the next five years will cost more than $7 million, the City
Council learned at its annual retreat.
Decreasing pupil-teacher ratio could cost $8 million
- While the Vision 2020 plan recently endorsed by the Coweta County Board
of Education calls for lowering the pupil-teacher ratio, Superintendent of
Education Richard Brooks believes the costs are far too much for the system to
absorb all at one time.
County goes to lottery for pre-K classes
- For the first time, parents of students looking to get in
pre-kindergarten class will have to rely on luck this year.
Two new principals named
- It was musical chairs recently at the Coweta County School
Charter acquires Helicon for $550 million
- Charter Communications, which is one of Coweta
County's largest cable companies, announced plans this week to
acquire Helicon Cable Communications.
Watson devastated over news that wife's remains are found
- In a voice cracking with emotion, Jim Watson told
reporters Wednesday he was "devastated" by the news that his wife's
skeletal remains had been found in south Fulton County.
Galleries offer something for everyone
- Just down Ga. Highway 74 in Peachtree City lies a virtual
treasure trove for shoppers.
News from the joint meeting
- Peachtree City Council members agree that the county's
old Kelly Drive Water Treatment Plant site is an eyesore and
should be sold or leased to the city for recreation land, council
member Annie McMenamin said Tuesday at a joint meeting of the
council with the Fayette County Commission.
Extending TDK Boulevard
- Peachtree City and Coweta County are moving ahead at
a "governmental pace" toward extending TDK Boulevard
into Coweta County, Mayor Bob Lenox told the Fayette
County Commission Tuesday.
Barnes brings Ga. GOALS
Governor Roy Barnes introduced the Georgia On-Line
Automated License Sales(GOALS) system recently.
Old rivals to meet again
Fayette County and McIntosh have squared off a number
of times this school year in several different sports, but it is when
the soccer teams battle that the competition reaches a fever
"Scout About" has lawnmower races at AMS
When the Flint River Council of Boy Scouts of America
holds their annual "Scout About" this Saturday at Atlanta Motor
Speedway, a strangely fascinating form of racing will be taking place.
Recapping Tuesday nights soccer battles
- The Newnan Lady Cougars faced Lovejoy on Friday
night and defeated them 6-1. T
Ranking the region