- 220 modular homes coming to PTC
- When Ravin Homes starts putting homes in Peachtree City's
Cedarcroft subdivision, they'll seem to come out
$$ millions needed to upgrade PTC sewer
- Millions of dollars in expansions and improvements to the sewer system will be
needed to handle Peachtree City's build-out
population by the year 2007, the Peachtree City Water
and Sewer Authority learned this week.
WASA grapples with EPD fine, installing new data system
- Managing odor problems, taking care of old barrels and other waste at the Flat Creek
treatment plant, and working with the state on remedies for a major sewage spill last summer
continue as major discussion and action items for
the Peachtree City Water and Sewer Authority (WASA).
Present 'when the lights came on' in Fayette,
PTC pioneer Farr still shines
- You don't know anything about Peachtree City until
you've eaten peas and cornbread at Floy Farr's table.
Single car wreck Sunday night on Sandy Creek Road fatal to F'ville man
- A single-car accident Sunday night Jan. 31 claimed the life of
a Fayetteville man, according to reports from the Fayette
County Sheriff's Department's traffic division.
PTC planners to discuss stricter codes for old homes
- Housing codes to manage maintenance of older homes and
businesses will be discussed again in a public hearing Monday at
the Peachtree City Planning Commission meeting.
PCDA drops plans to seek its own foreign trade zone
- Peachtree City apparently will not seek its own Foreign Trade
Zone status but will realign with Georgia Foreign Trade Zone Inc.
PTC firefighters earn national accreditation
- Peachtree City Fire Department hosted practical examinations
for National Professional Qualification Firefighter Levels I and
II conducted by the Georgia Firefighter's Standards and
Training Council Jan. 30. The examinations were conducted at
Neely Fire Station #82.
New attendance lines up for grabs
- Parents who are curious about where their children will be going to school
next year should plan to be at Tuesday's Coweta County Board of Education
Tech chief rebuffs rumors
- Carroll Tech President Janet Ayres came calling on the
Coweta County Board of Commissioners Tuesday to reassure the
county's leaders of the school's commitment to the county.
Boards square off over inspections; county threatens construction halt
- County officials are threatening to issue a cease-and-desist order on construction
of new schools, unless building inspectors get better access to new buildings.
Sewer time in Senoia?
- After many years, countless studies and several city governments, the city of Senoia narrowed down its options for providing sewerage for the town's residents.
Senoia extends building moratorium
- Developers eager to unearth some red dirt in Senoia will have to wait at least two more months after actions taken at Monday night's
County awarded $3 million state loan to upgrade water system
- Gov. Roy Barnes announced approval late last week of a
$3 million Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority loan
for Coweta County.
County's visitors bureau commended by board
- The Coweta County Convention and Visitors'
Bureau continues to win accolades.
Historic preservation workshops are scheduled
- Residents who want to spruce up their historic buildings can get helpful tips in
two workshops set for the next few weeks.
News Stories from Wednesday's Edition
Things 'Click'-ing for Heritage
In a very important region basketball contest against
Piedmont Academy of Monticello, Heritage senior post player, Amanda
Click, led the team with 15 points and 15 rebounds to give the
Lady Hawks of Heritage their 11th win of the season.
The Church League Update
Chiefs are dominant in county swim meet
On Wednesday night, Fayette County, McIntosh, Starr's
Mill and Sandy Creek got together for the county championships.
Soccer Centre full of playoffs and tournament action
- The Soccer Centre presents the Presidents' Day Atlanta
4-A-Side Tournament for all age groups at The Soccer Centre on Feb.
Swim a thon
Members of the Southern Crescent Aquatics Team (SCAT)
are currently seeking sponsors for their Fourth Annual
Swim-A-Thon. The Swim-A-Thon, the team's main fundraiser, will
be held Feb.16, from 5-7 p.m. at the Kedron Fieldhouse and
Pride of Panther wrestlers