- Language barrier imprisons immigrant for weeks
- Manuel Gramajo is a Guatemalan who speaks no English, a language barrier
that may have contributed to the loss of nearly a month of his freedom.
'Attention, shoppers!' Another PTC center?
- Another upscale shopping area is scheduled for Peachtree City's "City
Circle" area at Ga. highways 54 and 74, this
one described by developers as a "power center." The location is at the traffic hub of
BellSouth to talk with PTC about treetop TV antennas
- A BellSouth district manager has pledged the utility's cooperation
in dealing with treetop television antennas in Peachtree City.
PTC eyes new rules for upkeep of older homes
- A public hearing on adoption of housing codes that apply to older homes
or aging buildings in Peachtree City is scheduled for the Dec. 14 meeting of
the city's planning commission.
8 churches join to present 'Messiah'
- An ecumenical choir of 45 voices will present Handel's
Messiah Sunday, Dec. 13 at 3 p.m. at Holy Trinity
Catholic Church in Peachtree City. The church is
at the corner of Ga. Highway 54 and Walt Banks Road on the city's eastern side.
Church's attempt to put in playground equipment is causing a federal headache
- What started out as a Good Samaritan effort has now
evolved into a federal case.
Tyrone Council starts planning for tripling residents by 2010
- By the year 2010, Tyrone's population could be 6,000,
nearly three times its current level.
PTC cart path flasher gets 3 years in jail
- A flasher who prowled the cart paths of Peachtree City this
spring and summer has received jail sentences totaling three years for
his escapades, court records show.
More local governments get on gas discount bandwagon
- Peachtree City's decision to work for lower natural gas
rates for the city and residents attracted other Fayette governments to
the bandwagon, according to city manager Jim Basinger.
County officials vow to improve driving conditions on Lower Fayetteville Road
- Residents who routinely use Lower Fayetteville Road as an alternative to
increasingly congested Ga. Highway 34 should notice some improvements on the road
in the coming weeks.
Senoia mulling water options
- After studying the situation for nearly a year, Senoia
officials Monday night said the idea of restarting the
city's water plant needs at least one more public meeting before
a final decision is made.
- Playground equipment is causing a federal headache
- What started out as a Good Samaritan effort has now evolved into a
Vital Care wins in ambulance bidding
- Residents in the Sargent community of Coweta
County can breathe a little easier, thanks to the efforts of
the Coweta County Commission.
Coweta ornament is still available
- The 1998 Newnan Collectible Christmas ornament is
still available to purchase for adorning your Christmas tree
Wait a while before naming the fields at Northgate High
- I would like to comment on a recent proposal by the Coweta County Board of Education's
Building and Grounds Committee.
Sandy Creek and Starr's Mill look for their winning stance
Rising Starr girls off to great start
The 8th grade Rising Starr Lady Panthers are off to a great
start with a record of 3-0!
This weekend in H.S. sports