- Wanted: lots more money for sewers
- Capital improvement funds are nearly gone after two years of replacing
aging equipment and updating sewage treatment facilities in Peachtree City, says
Larry Turner, manager for the Water and Sewer Authority.
Lakefront owners worry silt is bogging up Peachtree, Kedron
- Fayette County's water supply is not now in danger from siltation into the
Lake Peachtree and Lake Kedron reservoirs, but extensive dredging could interrupt or
seriously impact available water for a period of time, county administrator Billy
Beckett said this week.
Coweta joins forces with ARC on air problems
- Is Coweta County inching towards joining the Atlanta
Rep. Westmoreland urges Tyrone Council to oppose transportation bill
- After hearing an impassioned discussion by Rep. Lynn
Westmoreland, Tyrone's Town Council came out in opposition to
Gov. Roy Barnes' new transportation initiative.
PTC Council finalizes plans to build recycling center
- The Peachtree City Council plans this year to build a recycling center,
develop a city-wide recycling program, acquire some natural areas through the
Southern Conservation Trust and develop a stormwater management plan.
Restaurant Row nears debut
- Despite a ragged beginning with repeated landscaping negotiations
with Peachtree City, Don Pablo's Mexican Restaurant is set to open in "two
weeks to a month with a site we think looks very good," says City Planner
Older homes to come under PTC code scrutiny
- The Peachtree City Planning Commission anticipates a special workshop
meeting "to discuss nothing but architectural standards review" prior to the city
retreat in March, Jim Williams reported this week.
Last available F-16 display arrives at PTC's Falcon Field
- Falcon Field apparently got the last F-16 fighter that will be
released for public display, airport manager Jim Savage told the
Airport Authority Wednesday.
Hangar overhang gets airport authority OK
- Loitering at the Falcon Field Airport is discouraged, but
you can't hang out over their property either not without paying.
County joins forces with Atlanta Regional Comm. on air problems
- Tuesday afternoon, the Coweta County Commissioners voted to send a staff
member to future ARC transportation meetings. The board made the move
after receiving a letter from Department of Transportation Commissioner
Wayne Shackleford asking the county's presence at the meetings.
School to start Aug. 12
- The school bell will ring for Coweta County students next
fall on Aug.12.
Senoia hopes to be cart-friendly soon
- Senoia residents might soon be zipping through the city on golf carts
and bicycles, if the city receives two grants it's applying for.
Restaurants calling county home
- From the traffic light at the intersection of Ga. Highway 34 and
Millard Farmer Industrial Boulevard down Hwy. 34 to the Visitors' Center,
restaurants have started calling Coweta home. Cracker Barrel opened late last
year and started the stampede towards providing residents more dining
Police arrest 2 students on weapons charges
- Peachtree City police arrested two juveniles, ages 14 and 15,
for charges related to weapons and drugs at McIntosh High
School on Feb. 2, police reports show.
Bass fishing seminar coming to Lake Lanier
American Fishing Schools, in association with the Outdoor
Adventures Network, has announced a new fishing seminar that
will join their "Hook'd On Fishing" seminar series that travels
Church Leagues through six weeks of season
New Hope Baptist Church improved to 5-1 with a win
over Braelinn, 76-70. Kerry Evert hit all 10 of his free throws for
New Hope in their battle for first place in the 'A' division of
church league basketball.
Regional action this weekend
- In 4-AAAA action, the girls play at Fayette County High
School, while the boys continue at Newnan.