Council boosts PTC pay 5.57%
- The Peachtree City Council last week approved a $19.7 million budget that includes average across-the-board pay increases
for city workers of nearly 6 percent.
- Owner creates new wetlands on Flat Creek Golf
Course, but process disturbs neighbors as well as irrigation ditch
West village planners' aim: To be like rest of PTC
- Peachtree City's proposed "McIntosh Village" area should become primarily
a mixed residential area, says an official of the largest landholder.
PTC police raid parties, arrest 10 teens
- Peachtree City police made multiple arrests last week in
at least two incidents, one reported fight and another apparently
a teenage drinking party.
PTC Library gets pay hikes, 2 new workers
- The Peachtree City Library is counting its blessings with
the approval of pay raises, two new positions at the facility, and a
pending computer services upgrade.
PTC Heritage Committee starts planning for city's 50th birthday
- Peachtree City's Heritage Historic Preservation
Committee, formerly known as the Gravesite Committee, is getting a big
head start on planning for the city's 50th birthday in 2009.
New exhibit hall planned at fairgrounds
- Could a civic center be in Coweta County's future?
Northgate to get new stadium
- When Northgate High School's first class graduates in 2000,
the students may be marching down the steps of a new,
New hospital could be on the drawing board by Christmas
- By the time Christmas rolls around, Coweta residents could find out if a
new hospital is going to land under their Christmas tree.
Tanks sought for future water needs
- The Coweta County Board of Commissioners took a step Tuesday to
ensure the county will have enough water to handle the county's ever-expanding
Commission hears D.A.'s proposal
- A proposal by Coweta County District Attorney Pete Skandalakis for a
circuit-wide committee to study the funding of his
office met with lukewarm support from the Coweta County Board of Commissioners Tuesday.
Thousands expected at air show
- Fasten your seat belts and get ready to take off for Peachtree City's weekend air
show. "Wings Over Dixie" opens at 9 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday at Falcon Field with enough exhibits, aerobatics and pyrotechnics to fill
Clayton State sports start season off slow
- The Clayton State Lady Lakers soccer team dropped two
games last weekend in the third annual Hawk Classic at
Panthers and Patriots prevail over opponents
- The Starr's Mill Lady Panther softball team improved to 5-1
in the area and 9-4 overall by defeating the Woodward Academy
War Eagles on Tuesday by a score of 4-2.
Tiger aims to help city youth
- Tiger Woods is coming to town on Sunday, Sept. 13 to put on
Cokes Chapel United Methodist Church welcomes new pastor
- Rev. John W. Hagen, Jr. formerly of Gwinnett County,
has assumed duties as pastor of Cokes Chapel United Methodist
Church in Sharpsburg.