Envisioning a village
- In Peachtree City, growth doesn't "just happen." It's a city known for
serious controls, allowing few surprises to sneak up on unsuspecting residents or
Lawyerless Tyrone in the dark on lighted signs
- The problem of not having a town attorney on hand became painfully evident at last week's Tyrone Planning Commission.
More industrial for Tyrone? Planners say, No thanks
- With a new office park planned for the busy Ga. Highway 74
corridor and a focus on encouraging quality growth in the area, the
Tyrone Planning Commission made their feelings clear last week on
industrial development in the area.
Airport authority scrutinizing its finances
- Close scrutiny of finances has become even more important to the
Peachtree City Airport Authority, now that the authority is supervising its own
fixed-base operations at Falcon Field.
Lightning causes runway potholes?
- About 100 feet of Falcon Field's runway is under repairs for
unexplained small patches of broken asphalt, Peachtree City Airport Authority
members learned Tuesday.
PTC police: 'Hide your purse, lock your car' while shopping
- Peachtree City police are encouraging "hide your purse
and lock your car," says Chief James Murray.
'Great Chili Challenge' to heat up PTC palates next month
- Peachtree City's "Great Chili Challenge" benefitting
Special Olympics and The Joseph Sams School is expected to double
both attendance and fund-raising this year, according to organizer
Braelinn Baptist to feature Kay D. Smith
- Kay DeKalb Smith, who has been called both the
"Carol Burnett of Christian entertainment" and "a singing
Erma Bombeck," will be featured Sept. 24 at Braelinn Baptist
Church's "Ladies Night Out."
Tax rate to be lowered for 5th year
- For the fifth year in a row, the Coweta County Commission is planning to
lower the millage rate for the county's property owner
- After last year's 50 point increase on the SAT scores,
Coweta school officials were hopeful the increase was the beginning of
- When the announcement came over the public address
system Tuesday morning, East Coweta High School students knew
the school was getting serious about drug and weapons violations.
- After examining the budget closely during the mid-year
review, the staff of the Coweta County Commission made an
Fall brings in festivals and fairs
- A slight dip in temperature and a yearning for funnel cake means only one
thing it's fair and festival time again.
SAT prep course to be offered this month
- Students interested in taking Coweta County's prep course for the PSAT and the SAT need
to register by Sept. 8, according to school officials.
Changes at Clayton State
- The Clayton State College athletic department has
undergone some massive changes in the offseason.
Prep Sports + in seventh season
- "Prep Sports +" returns for its seventh season on Saturday,
Chiefs volleyball is on a roll
- The McIntosh Lady Chief volleyball team is starting the
short season well.