- Photocircuits surprised by protests
- Peachtree City Mayor Bob Lenox and other city officials will meet Monday with residents concerned about possible expansions at Photocircuits, but company
superintendent Mark Bunker says the firestorm of protest over variances requests has "caught us completely by surprise."
PTC celebrates 40th birthday
- Lordy, Lordy, Peachtree City's 40!
DOT on 6-laning Hwy. 74 from 54 to Crosstown Rd.: 'It's still on schedule'
- If the widening of Ga. Highway 74 in Peachtree City is being delayed by lawsuits over "grandfathered" road projects, "it
has not filtered down to the people in design; we are still on the same schedules," Mike Reynolds said at a Chamber of
Commerce luncheon Tuesday.
New school chief already decided?
- The Fayette County School Board is expected to announce its choice for superintendent Monday night at its
regularly scheduled meeting, but the suspense may be absent.
Tyrone to levy development impact fee
- Thanks to the efforts of the Tyrone Town Council, development in Tyrone just got a little bit more expensive.
Planners eye Panasonic tree-cutting proposal
- Plans for harvesting pine trees from 30 to 40 acres adjacent
to Panasonic Corporation on Ga. Highway 74 south have been
proposed to the Peachtree City planning staff.
Post-Mews task force decides against consultant
- A professional consultant on "new urbanism" would be too
expensive and the process too slow to move toward a "combined
use plan" for Ga. Highway 54 and Walt Banks Road in
Peachtree City, a special task force agreed Tuesday.
Police arrest 4 men for security system tampering
- Peachtree City police arrested four Haralson County men
last Friday after discovering security-system tampering at a
business near Ga. Highway 74 and Dividend Drive, reports show.
Lines are changing
- Despite outcries of "You've sold us out" by angry parents, the Coweta
County Board of Education Tuesday night approved a controversial new set of
attendance lines for next year.
- The embattled 21st Century Coweta got a new lease on
life Tuesday as the Coweta County Commissioners decided to
fund the group through the end of the year.
Road project still on schedule
- Curious commuters may have been wondering why the work
on widening Ga. Highway 34 appears to have come to a standstill.
- A curious crowd packed the Senoia City Hall Monday night
to watch as the city's planning commission unveiled its new
Church Madness has begun
Not only have the NIT and the men's and women's NCAA
tournament, but March Madness continues with the Church
Basketball League Tournament.
Reservations needed: Golf Cart Rallye is March 28
- The "Egg"leston "Egg"stravagnza Golf Cart Rallye
is ready to roll Sunday, March 28, in Peachtree City.
Lazers seeking coaches
- The Peachtree City Youth Soccer Lazer Program is
accepting resumes from any coaches or trainers interested
in coaching/training select teams for the Fall
Rivera is Coach of 1998
- In January of 1998, Jose Rivera was named Georgia Boys
Soccer Coach of the Year.
Lady Panthers and Lady Chiefs have teams begging for 'Mercy'
- On Tuesday night, the Starr's Mill Lady Panthers and the
McIntosh Lady Chiefs had their opponents begging for mercy.
What can you do with the second weekend of March
- Of course the college basketball tournament will be on
this weekend, but you should get out in the fresh air.