- Recreation group seeks comments on master plan
- Draft copies of Peachtree City's master plan for
recreation are available for review at the Recreation
Department, 191 McIntosh Trail, next to the amphitheater.
Shopping center fight continues
- The Peachtree City Council next week will face
yet another controversy over property at Ga. Highway
54 and Walt Banks Road.
Thieves lift wheelchair
- If there is doubt that anything at all is subject to theft, check
the Peachtree City police reports: someone stole a wheelchair
left outside a Harmony Village residence Dec. 22.
Holiday vandalism hits neighborhood 'Santa'
- His cheeks are still red and his smile is still there,
but Norbert Hoppe's life-sized Santa decoration looks
painfully sad with his neck and limbs broken, and embarrassingly
cold without his custom-made red suit.
Schools moving into future with new equipment
- Within the next two weeks, Coweta County's students should be fully
hooked up and ready to navigate the information superhighway.
Officials hoping weather helps with school projects
- As the calendar page turns to January, Coweta County School System
director of operations Doug Bennett is a worried man.
New mayor, new priorities marked Senoia's '98
- During 1998, the city of Senoia started
experiencing growing pains like the rest of the county.
Coweta residents invited to bring a tree, get a tree
- As part of a statewide effort to reuse
Christmas trees, Coweta County is inviting area residents
to drop off their trees Jan. 9 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at
the Coweta County Fairground site on Temple Avenue in Newnan.
Visitor center among best in state
- In the eyes of judges from around Georgia,
Coweta County has one of the best convention and
visitors bureaus in the state.
Local teams in holiday tourneys
Fayette County High School has been the setting for the Fayette
Invitational shoot-out this week and the home court seems to be
helping the Lady Tigers.
High school sports in the first week of 1999
Gayle Barron, the First Lady of Peachtree, to speak on Team Spirit
- Gayle Barron is truly one of the pioneers of American road