- Council's lawsuit settlement seems to presume rezoning for Kedron apts.
- More trump cards may be played next week by persons seeking
to locate apartments in Peachtree City, as the City Council holds
a public hearing on rezoning a small part of Eric Edee's property
on Ga. Highway 74.
Holy Trinity Catholic marks 25 years serving PTC families
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church will mark its 25th year as a parish this Sunday with a special noon Mass celebrated by Archbishop John F. Donoghue.
Golf course neighbors wary of wetlands agreement
- Flat Creek Golf Course representatives say that a wetlands mitigation
behind several homes on Stratford Court is officially dead, and the area will be
restored to its "preconstruction contours."
Poor attendance at PTC's 'Spotlight' concerts
dims amphitheater's profit picture
- The Brown Amphitheater lost money this year because of poor attendance
at "spotlight" concerts, the director
says, but next year the Peachtree City venue should increase revenues by
presenting events for two nights in a row.
'Let there be no light,' planners tell PTC church
- Resolving lighting problems at Peachtree City Christian
Church is not as easy as turning then off or reducing the bulb wattages,
the Peachtree City Planning Commission discovered this week.
EMC starts natural gas service Sunday
- Starting Sunday, you'll be able to get both electricity and
gas from the company who has provided electric power to the
metro south region for over 50 years, Coweta-Fayette EMC.
- A new economic study conducted by 21st Century
Coweta shows that many of the leaders are looking for economic
development to save the county from being a victim of Atlanta's
Planning Commission News
- The city of Senoia will take the first step next week in
deciding whether a new upscale subdivision will become part of the
County's unemployment rate rise attributed to pilots' strike
- Coweta County's unemployment rate jumped a full point from 3.5 percent to
4.5 percent last month, but State Labor Commissioner Marti Fullerton knows the reason why.
- Insurance broker Dennis Hill and Newnan
Utilities executive Jeff Strane have been appointed to the board of
trustees of Peachtree Regional hospital, joining Dr. Mirza Kajani,
who was appointed to the board earlier this year.
- By Coweta County Supt.of Education Richard Brooks
Fludd not 'tax-and-spend' liberal
- Letters from Our Readers