Your Personal Information

Git Real's picture

This information is verified on Snopes. When or will it ever end? Thought some might take interest. I sent them an e-mail requesting my families info be removed. We'll see if they abide by my request.

Snopes Zaba Search & Your Personal Information

Collected on the Internet, 2006

Beginning this month (JULY '06) a new database will be available to the general public free of charge that displays your personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates). (Soc. Sec. is available for a price.) The database is found at Zaba Search type in your name and check ... You'll be SHOCKED as I was!

[Collected on the Internet, 2005]

I am sending this to everyone in my address book, and I urge all of you to do the same. Check to see if your name is in this Zabasearch database, which also includes addresses, phone numbers and birth dates. If it's there and you want it removed, send them an e-mail at info@zabasearch.com to request it.

They will be launching this site in May for EVERYONE to see!!! I don't know how our names are appearing there, but I checked my own and a few other random ones, and they are all in this database! Please send this on to all your friends and family ASAP!

To check, log on to Zaba Search

After opting out at info@zabasearch.com by email I guess the only way to know for sure you have been removed is to check back a few days later.

This is unbelievable.

Git Real's blog | login to post comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Git Real's picture
Submitted by Git Real on Sun, 08/20/2006 - 4:31pm.

From: response@zabasearch.com
Subject: Your ZabaSearch.com Inquiry

We received your request. The following is the fastest way to create, edit or
block your records from appearing in ZabaSearch. ZabaTools allow you to take
control of the information available about you or to manage how you allow
others to communicate with you. You can create, edit, block your record or add
a ZabaLink all for free.

Why create a record? If you don't exist in ZabaSearch and would like to be
included.

Why edit a record? If you are in ZabaSearch, but would like to update your
information. Or, add your e-mail address or your web site URL to your record.

Why block a record ?** If you want to block your address and/or telephone
number.

Add a free ZabaLink! Instead of blocking a record, consider replacing your
address and/or telephone number with a ZabaLink*.

**If someone finds and clicks your ZabaLink (placed where your address or
telephone number was), they will come to an e-mail form that will allow them to
send a message to you without knowing your e-mail address, where you are, or if
you ever even received the message. You can respond, ignore, or send back a
non-delivery notice. ZabaLinks empower you to control how people can
communicate with you on the Internet. You can be found, only if you want to
be, on a person by person basis. And, ZabaLinks are free!

In order to create, edit, or block your record and/or to add a ZabaLink, all
for free, you must make that request in writing and mail it to: ZabaTools, 2828
Cochran Street # 397, Simi Valley, California 93065. Receiving requests by mail
allows us to verify and process your requests quickly. Records created, edited
and ZabaLinks added may take up to several weeks to appear in ZabaSearch.
Records requested to be blocked are typically processed the next business day
after receiving the request. You will be notified by e-mail when you request
enters our system and then once more when the requested records have been
adjusted. Please specify if you want to create, edit, delete a record and/or
add a free ZabaLink, e-mail address or URL to your record. If you add a free
ZabaLink, please include the e-mail address where you would like messages
blindly forwarded to from your ZabaLink.

In order to fill your request your letter must contain the following
information to insure we create, edit or delete the correct records. After you
confirm by e-mail that we processed your request, your letter and the
information you provided in it will be shredded. You will have created a record
for yourself just as you like it and will be eventually given online tools to
adjust your information as you like live in ZabaSearch 24/7.

1. E-mail address
2. Full name including middle initial
3. Address of the record you wish to create, edit or delete
4. Phone number you wish to have removed
5. Year of birth.
6. Specify if you are requesting to create, edit or delete a record or if you
want to add a ZabaLink
or URL to your record.
7. Sign and date your request

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Sun, 08/20/2006 - 4:34pm.

Should be the reverse. They need to ask us if it okay.

-----------------------------
Keeping it real and to the core of the issue, not the peripherals.

Basmati's picture
Submitted by Basmati on Sat, 08/19/2006 - 9:15pm.

I found my high school girlfriend living in Pennsylvania, my best friend in grade school living in St. Pete, FL and my college girlfriend has a daughter now at LSU. It also has me living in a house I sold in 1992. Sticking out tongue

Submitted by blabbermouth on Sat, 08/19/2006 - 9:11pm.

try googling your phone number...

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Sat, 08/19/2006 - 9:19pm.

Now try googling your name or SSN.

There is a difference between a phone book, public domain, entry, and your name or SSN, which are not public domain.

Keeping it real and to the core of the issue, not the peripherals.

Submitted by blabbermouth on Sat, 08/19/2006 - 9:35pm.

it still gives plenty of info and a map...

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Sat, 08/19/2006 - 9:38pm.

Agree 100%.

Yahoo and some others have Reverse Lookups. Request to be removed.