WHO SENT ME THIS SPAM E-MAIL?

Janetoutofthebox's picture

From: "JMac Info"

Date: 2006/07/17 Mon PM 07:15 EDT
Subject: Eric's Errors (Post 5 County Commission Race, Fayette County)

(I'll make my apologies up front - you're not on any list, this is a one-time email & you won't get anything else regarding politics again unless you've asked for it. I hope you're voting tomorrow &, of course, I hope you're voting for Greg Dunn. Thanks for your patience & understanding & if you don't vote, don't care or you're not voting for Greg I truly apologize for including you in this list! Sometimes it just gets to me when there's a lot of negative, inflammatory and erroneous information being tossed around... Janet)

Eric's Error #1

A. Greg does not support the land use plan and lower density because he voted for sewer for a subdivision on the edge of Peachtree City.

B. Eric also says HE (Eric) would have voted for sewer for the Heritage Church and would vote yes on sewer to any church. (Two debates and his first letter to the Editor which is now posted on Eric’s website.)

THE FACTS:

A. Georgia state law requires that any subdivision within 500 ft. of a sewer line with the capacity and with the permission of the owner (in this case Peachtree City - and they said they would allow it) must be allowed to hook into the sewer. The subdivision was about 2 feet from the sewer line. Anyone, including Eric, who was on the County Commission would not have been able to stop that one.

B. If Eric voted to allow sewer to the Heritage Church he would then HAVE to allow sewer for any development in the unincorporated county.

The law does not allow exceptions to be made for Churches. The Heritage Church is about 2,500 feet from the closest sewer line. If the County Commission had voted to extend sewer to the Church they would not have a leg to stand on when it came to saying no to any other entity (Wieland, other developers, etc.).

Eric is a lawyer, he KNOWS you can't make exceptions like that and then expect to uphold the land use plan in court.

As you know, the County Commission turned Heritage Church down. They would like to have been able to help them out, but they knew they would then have to allow everyone else to do the same thing.

Eric’s Error #2

A. Eric cites the vote by the County Commission to zone the 124-acre tract on Redwine Road for 1 – 2 houses per acre as an indication that the County Commission is not supporting the Land Use Plan and that they are for higher density.

B. Eric says the County Commission was WRONG to turn down 3,000 homes on less than 800 acres of buildable land. That is close to FOUR (4) houses per acre.

THE FACTS:

A. The Redwine acreage was land used for 1 – 2 acre lots. It is surrounded completely by homes on 1-acre lots. It is in an area that is completely residential. A high quality subdivision with 59 homes in the $400,000 plus range will be going on that 124-acre piece of property. That is 2.1 houses per acre (somewhat less when you take into consideration roads, common area, etc., but still well within the Land Use Plan).

B. The development Eric says Greg & the County Commission should have approved for 3,000 homes on less than 800 acres would have irrevocably made the Land Use Plan completely irrelevant and un-defendable. You cannot make exceptions and expect to uphold the Land Use Plan successfully (as the current County Commission has done) in court. As a lawyer, Eric knows you cannot defend the rules if you break the rules.

If the County had allowed those homes to go into the middle of the county as Eric would have liked, the County would have had to change sixteen (16) laws currently on the books, including some environmental laws. The group wanted to put a golf course on wetlands.

As the development sat almost in the exact center of Fayetteville, Peachtree City and Tyrone, it would not have been long before developers would have targeted the entire area radiating out from the 3,000 acres. Currently the County Commission receives a high number of requests for developments with similar density. If they allow one, regardless of how nice it might have been to have the Del Webb development, they then have to allow all.

These are just a few of the contradictory statements and
erroneous information from Greg's challenger and/or his supporters.
FOR MORE FACTS PLEASE VISIT
WWW.ELECTGREGDUNN.ORG

Janetoutofthebox's blog | login to post comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 7:54pm.

It may need to be in your Inbox

But right click on the email, click properties and then Details.

Sometimes the info will be findable in there.

-----------------------------
Keeping it real and to the core of the issue, not the peripherals.

Submitted by lwmythng on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 5:40pm.

The DDT (Dunn Desperation Team) is busy thinking of more spin, lies, and half-truths in their quest to fool Savy, smart Fayette County voters! It ain't gonna' work! You sell Fayette countians short. They are informed, know the facts, and vote out those who don't share their values! Bye, Greg! Bye, Linda!

Submitted by the weasel on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 6:56pm.

It is very obvious that I am in the minority on this web site. We are all entitled to our opinions - I respect yours and hope you will respect mine.

I am planning to vote for Linda Wells and Greg Dunn tomorrow. I think they have done a good job and at least I know their records. (I know, you know their records too and don't like it.) I had several different conversations today regarding the elections - none initiated by me ( I, personally, am getting sick of talking about it) - and each one expressed deep concern over the possibility of a commission made up of Horgan,Chapman, Maxwell & some included Frady. I find that thought pretty unsettling myself.

I hope we won't pay a price for the apparent deep-seated dislike for Wells & Dunn on the part of some. I know your points - they've been reiterated several times. I understand what you are saying, ,but I really think many of the "facts" are distorted. I think some of the negative that people think started out as assumptions or conjecture and through conversation, became "fact". I wonder how many have taken the time to speak with Dunn or Wells one-on-one.

Two more things I'd like to say and that will be the last you hear from me on this subject (I think). Sometimes doing the right thing is not the popular thing. Sometimes doing the right thing makes you the underdog. It is very difficult, but thank goodness, some are willing to stick their necks out and take the chance.

Lastly, if Maxwell and Chapman/Smith win the election, Dunn & Wells will not be the losers - we will.

In just a few hours we will know where we stand!

Submitted by rmoc on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 10:24pm.

The current board has stood by the law and kept the developers in check..Sorry for Heritage but the exceptions make for high density!!! Unfortunately, we had no choice in the area around Starrs Mill...That is a State issue, not county issue. If you want to vote for Maxwell then vote for high density all around Bernard Rd..

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 10:28pm.

exactly how?

-----------------------------
Keeping it real and to the core of the issue, not the peripherals.

Submitted by rmoc on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 11:04pm.

Maxwell came down on the county for not allowing Heritage to hook into the PTC sewer, which by state law would allow neighboring properties to hook in allowing higher density.

Submitted by tonto707 on Tue, 07/18/2006 - 5:13am.

no such state law exists. What could happen is the city sets a precedent and some one in the future might bring a lawsuit to hook onto PTC sewer, citing the fact that Heritage was allowed to do so.

That would be case history, not statutory law. But a weak argument at best. Allowing a church which would add only minimal load to the system is in no way comparable to adding a subdivision to hook on with much greater usage.

Submitted by lifeinptc on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 10:32pm.

Don't get to caught up in rmoc. As I recall she got very groggy a couple of weeks ago and began to make no sense. Who does that remind you of?

Enjoyed the conversation. Hope we're all happy tomorrow night.

Submitted by rmoc on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 11:10pm.

I got "crabby" waiting in line at the Banks Station Kroger a couple of weeks ago and may have rambled on my post a bit in a huff. I have never made anything personal against you and think you should apologize. I did not make a criticism of you and this remark is low. You guys should keep it on the issues and not make personal attacks on others opinions.

Submitted by skyspy on Tue, 07/18/2006 - 4:25pm.

You of all people are offened by people making personal attacks.......reeeeaaallly? Thats funny at best!

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Tue, 07/18/2006 - 11:55am.

are you talking about?

I believe you answered the wrong posts, rmoc.

-----------------------------
Keeping it real and to the core of the issue, not the peripherals.

Submitted by rmoc on Tue, 07/18/2006 - 2:23pm.

I was responding to LifeinPTC "Don't get to caught up in rmoc. As I recall she got very groggy a couple of weeks ago and began to make no sense." which I take personally.. I remarked that allowing Heritage to hook up to the PTC sewer would have allowed any other development to hook in within 50 feet and gave developers an "in" to sue and force the issue. I was under the impression that PTC could offer to sell the sewer capacity regardless of what the county wanted if the development line was within 50 feet of existing sewer. You(PTC Guy) kindly responded that it was precedent not law and LifeinPTC just went with a general attack that my posts make no sense. That is what ticked me off...

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 10:35pm.

I will be going to bed soon.

Hmmmm. Reminds me of some green guy.

Talk to you tomorrow.

-----------------------------
Keeping it real and to the core of the issue, not the peripherals.

JJSXU's picture
Submitted by JJSXU on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 8:29pm.

Thanks for you clear and well articulate position. Have I always agreed with Greg and Linda no, but as you point out rumors and innuendo have replaced reason and considered judgment. In fact last night when I asked on person had they checked their facts in county offices with those who had the documentation/records. I was told no need to do that he knew the answers.
Peace

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 8:38pm.

They lied about Maxwell being a developer and an officer on developer boards.

I did. He is not.

They also lied on it being necessary to bring suit against the Sheriff. Just as Law, audit and the judge's lecture told them.

-----------------------------
Keeping it real and to the core of the issue, not the peripherals.

mudcat's picture
Submitted by mudcat on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 8:02pm.

Vote for Greg if you must, but please have a sense of humor and vote for Sam Chapman as well. If nothing else, he'll get in an expensive run off with Jack,and lose. And if for some reason he gets elected, the County Commission meetings will be better that anything on TV.
meow

Submitted by lifeinptc on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 7:59pm.

Being a minority that is.

Submitted by Harvey on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 7:52pm.

Never mind.

Just vote your conscious. And don't call me a loser if I vote mine.

PTC Guy's picture
Submitted by PTC Guy on Mon, 07/17/2006 - 7:39pm.

In the drive we made today, I saw two Dunn, one Wells and three Chapman signs. The rest were Maxwell.

A couple of days ago, in a different direction, I saw 3 Dunn and 1 Wells sign. The rest, and a fair amount, were Maxwell and Smith.