Something for Fayette Countians to think about...

So another resident of Kedron Hills has registered to run for school board. Do you really want someone who just can't get over their kids going to school with kids from outside PTC?

So another resident of Kedron Hills is against the SPLOST, making all kinds of accusations and Open Records Requests but not proving anything. If you are worried about how your tax money is being spent, think about how many taxpayer dollars are being spent in manhours and copies and questions to lawyers because these people are still bitter about the boundaries. She still has the option of voting against it, instead she doesn't want anybody else to have the chance to vote for it. Kinda arrogant if you ask me. She can't prove anything has been done wrong...she just doesn't want us to have our say.

Tami Morris and Cal Beverly harrassing the staff at the school system is wasting taxpayer dollars.

Astroturf? Oh, please. That isn't in the SPLOST recommendation. The only athletic thing even suggested was an aquatic center (which we need). They took that out because they wanted to include items being cut out now because of budget cuts. The booster clubs can start raising money for artificial turf if they want that for the fields.

Don't get caught up in the hype. People of Fayette county think for yourselves. Before you start believing what you read in the paper, consider all the factors: histories, motives, facts or opinions. If you aren't sure, ask a reliable source. Research the facts. Just because something is printed in the newspaper or blogged about on the internet doesn;t make it true.

Cast your vote based on facts and your own opinions instead of the opinions of those with vendettas who think they are better and smarter than you.

PeteSake's blog | login to post comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
sniffles5's picture
Submitted by sniffles5 on Sun, 08/31/2008 - 10:54am.

Hello PeteSake, welcome to the blogs.

I can assure you that there is a provision in the formal paperwork prepared by the county for replacing the natural grass with an artificial surface. I saw that with my own eyes. I didn't think anyone would doubt my word, so at my earliest convenience I'll make an electronic scan of the page in question

Submitted by PeteSake on Sun, 08/31/2008 - 12:58pm.

RESOLUTION CALLING SPECIAL PURPOSE
LOCAL OPTION EDUCATIONAL SALES TAX REFERENDUM
A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF FAYETTE COUNTY, GEORGIA RELATING TO THE IMPOSITION OF A ONE PERCENT SALES AND USE TAX AS AUTHORIZED BY ARTICLE VIII, SECTION VI, PARAGRAPH IV OF THE CONSTITUTION OF GEORGIA AND PART 2 OF ARTICLE 3 OF CHAPTER 8 OF TITLE 48 OF THE OFFICIAL CODE OF GEORGIA ANNOTATED; SPECIFYING THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE PROCEEDS OF SUCH TAX ARE TO BE USED; SPECIFYING THE MAXIMUM PERIOD OF TIME FOR WHICH SUCH TAX MAY BE IMPOSED; SPECIFYING THE MAXIMUM COST OF THE PROJECTS TO BE FUNDED FROM THE PROCEEDS OF SUCH TAX; REQUESTING THE CALL OF AN ELECTION OF THE VOTERS OF FAYETTE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT TO APPROVE THE IMPOSITION OF SUCH TAX; APPROVING THE FORM OF BALLOT TO BE USED IN SUCH ELECTION AND THE NOTICE OF SUCH ELECTION; AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
WHEREAS, Article VIII, Section VI, Paragraph IV of the Constitution of Georgia and Part 2 of Article 3 of Chapter 8 of Title 48 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (collectively the “Act”) authorizes the imposition of a one percent sales and use tax for the purpose, inter alia, of financing certain capital outlay projects for educational purposes; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Education of Fayette County, Georgia has determined that it is in the best interests of the citizens of the Fayette County School District (the “School District”) that a one percent sales and use tax be imposed in Fayette County for the purpose of financing certain capital outlay projects for the School District, which projects will be for the benefit of all of the citizens of the School District; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE FAYETTE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION, acting by, for and on behalf of the School District, that there be imposed, levied and collected in Fayette County, a sales and use tax for educational purposes, subject to approval by a majority of the qualified voters residing within the limits of such county voting in the referendum therein, such tax to be at the rate of 1 percent as authorized by the Constitution of Georgia, Art. VIII, Sec. VI, par. IV, and as further defined and implemented by Article 3 of Chapter 8 of Title 48 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, with the referendum to be held on November 4, 2008. Such tax shall be imposed for a period not to exceed twenty (20) calendar quarters and for the purpose of raising not more than $115,000,000 of net proceeds by said tax, which shall go to the School District for the purpose of (i) paying a portion of the principal and interest due on School District Series 1999, 2001 & 2005, the maximum of amount of total debt service to be paid shall not exceed $38,000,000; (ii) adding to, renovating, repairing, improving, and equipping existing school buildings and school system facilities; (iii) acquiring miscellaneous new equipment, fixtures and furnishings for the school system, including technology infrastructure, equipment and software, safety and security equipment; (iv) acquiring textbooks; and (v) acquiring school buses and transportation and maintenance equipment, the maximum amount sales and use tax proceeds to be spent on projects (i) through (v) shall not exceed $115,000,000.
FURTHER RESOLVED, that the School District may use such other funds as may be lawfully available (whether federal, state or local funds) to pay the costs of said capital outlay projects which exceed the maximum amount financed from this tax.
FURTHER RESOLVED, that the ballot to be used in such referendum should have written or printed thereon substantially the form attached hereto as Exhibit A.
FURTHER RESOLVED, that a referendum is hereby called to be held in all voting precincts of Fayette County on November 4, 2008, for the purpose of submitting to the qualified voters the question set forth in Exhibit A attached hereto.
FURTHER RESOLVED, that this resolution be forthwith delivered to the Superintendent of Elections in Fayette County for the call of the referendum to be issued, and for advertisement thereof to run once a week for five weeks immediately prior to the date of the referendum in the official organ of Fayette County in substantially the form attached hereto as Exhibit B. The first such advertisement shall run no later than the week of September 29, 2008.
FURTHER, RESOLVED, the proper officers and agents of the School District are hereby authorized to take any and all further actions as may be required in connection with the imposition of such special sales and use tax, the acquisition, construction and installation of the School District projects.
FURTHER RESOLVED, the School District intends to use any available state funds to which it may be entitled, together with any designated local funds, in combination with the sales and use tax, to fund the capital outlay projects described in this resolution.
ADOPTED by the Fayette County Board of Education in a called meeting of the Board, this ____ day of ______________, 2008.
Attest: ________________________ ____________________________________
Secretary Chairman

(SEAL) ____________________________________
Vice-Chairman
____________________________________
Board Member
____________________________________
Board Member
____________________________________
Board Member

EXHIBIT A
FORM OF BALLOT
The ballots to be used at such referendum shall have written or printed thereon substantially the following:
________ Yes Shall a special one percent sales and use tax for educational purposes be imposed in Fayette County for a period not to exceed twenty (20) calendar quarters and for the purpose of raising not more than $115,000,000 of net proceeds by said tax, which shall go to the School District for the purpose of (i) paying a portion of the principal and interest due on School District Series 1999, 2001 & 2005, the maximum of amount of total debt service to be paid shall not exceed $38,000,000; (ii) adding to, renovating, repairing, improving, and equipping existing school buildings and school system facilities; (iii) acquiring miscellaneous new equipment, fixtures and furnishings for the school system, including technology infrastructure, equipment and software, safety and security equipment; (iv) acquiring textbooks; and (v) acquiring school buses and transportation and maintenance equipment, the maximum amount sales and use tax proceeds to be spent on projects (i) through (v) shall not exceed $115,000,000.

________ No

EXHIBIT B
NOTICE OF REFERENDUM TO THE QUALIFIED VOTERS OF
FAYETTE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT, GEORGIA

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on the 4th day of November, 2008, a special election will be held at the regular polling places in all the election districts of Fayette County at which time there will be submitted to the qualified voters of Fayette County for their determination the question of whether a special sales and use tax for educational purposes of one percent shall be levied, imposed and collected on all sales and uses in Fayette County for a period of time not to exceed twenty (20) calendar quarters and for the purpose of raising not more than $115,000,000 of net proceeds by said tax, which shall go to the School District for the purpose of (i) paying a portion of the principal and interest due on School District Series 1999, 2001 & 2005, the maximum of amount of total debt service to be paid shall not exceed $38,000,000; (ii) adding to, renovating, repairing, improving, and equipping existing school buildings and school system facilities; (iii) acquiring miscellaneous new equipment, fixtures and furnishings for the school system, including technology infrastructure, equipment and software, safety and security equipment; (iv) acquiring textbooks; and (v) acquiring school buses and transportation and maintenance equipment, the maximum amount sales and use tax proceeds to be spent on projects (i) through (v) shall not exceed $115,000,000.
The ballots to be used at such referendum shall have written or printed thereon substantially the following:
_____ Yes
_____ No Shall a special one percent sales and use tax for educational purposes be imposed in Fayette County for a period not to exceed twenty (20) calendar quarters and for the purpose of raising not more than $115,000,000 of net proceeds by said tax, which shall go to the School District for the purpose of (i) paying a portion of the principal and interest due on School District Series 1999, 2001 & 2005, the maximum of amount of total debt service to be paid shall not exceed $38,000,000; (ii) adding to, renovating, repairing, improving, and equipping existing school buildings and school system facilities; (iii) acquiring miscellaneous new equipment, fixtures and furnishings for the school system, including technology infrastructure, equipment and software, safety and security equipment; (iv) acquiring textbooks; and (v) acquiring school buses and transportation and maintenance equipment, the maximum amount sales and use tax proceeds to be spent on projects (i) through (v) shall not exceed $115,000,000.

Any brochures, listings, or other advertisements issued by the Fayette County Board of Education, or by any other person, firm, corporation, or association with the knowledge and consent of the Board of Education, shall be deemed to be a statement of intention of the Board of Education concerning the use of the proceeds of the general obligation debt to be issued in connection with the sales and use tax for educational purposes.
The several places for holding said referendum shall be at the regular and established voting precincts of the election districts of Fayette County, Georgia, and the polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the date fixed for the referendum. All polling places will be open.
The last day to register to vote in this referendum shall be October 6. 2008, through 5:00 p.m. Mail voter registration applications must be postmarked on or before October 6, 2008.

Those residents of Fayette County qualified to vote at such referendum shall be determined in all respects in accordance with the election laws of the State of Georgia.
This notice is given pursuant to a resolution of the Fayette County Board of Education adopted on ____________, 2008.
This ____ day of ___________, 2008.
________________________________
Election Superintendent

SECRETARY’S CERTIFICATION
I, ______________________________, Secretary and Superintendent of the Board of Education of Fayette County, DO HEREBY CERTIFY that the foregoing pages of typewritten matter constitute a true and correct copy of a Resolution adopted by the Board of Education of Fayette County, Georgia, on the ____ day of ____________, 2008, at a meeting which was duly called and assembled and open to the public and at which a quorum was present and acting throughout, which Resolution has not been modified, repealed, revoked or rescinded as of the date hereof.
This ____ day of _____________, 2008.
____________________________________
Superintendent and Secretary Fayette
County Board of Education

(SEAL)

suggarfoot's picture
Submitted by suggarfoot on Sun, 08/31/2008 - 1:59pm.

https://eboard.eboardsolutions.com/ViewResult.aspx?S=4067

didn't work for me....so I put in www.eboardsolutions.com and about laughed my but off.

I guess you are busy trying to load it on the school page to save face.

www.eboardsolutions.com

says...used by over 180 local boards of education

Company InformationeBOARDsolutions (EBS) is backed with more than 55 years of experience in ...board governance and association management. EBS was created as a subsidiary of the.... Georgia School Boards Association.... (GSBA) when demand for its governance and membership management products began to expand into other markets and states. Initially developed by and for the GSBA, the products are now being used by over 180 local boards of education, state boards of education, state agencies and other associations.

Mission
The mission of eBOARDsolutions is to partner with our customers to achieve organizational excellence by harnessing collective knowledge and delivering innovative technology solutions and services.

are you really not on the schoolboard?

Submitted by PeteSake on Sun, 08/31/2008 - 2:39pm.

You Searched For:"splost" in Home Page Text ,News ,Strategic Plan, About The Board, Meetings, Policies, Documents

News

Public Input Sought on Proposed SPLOST

Meetings

(8/28/2008)AGENDA

- Presentation of Proposed 2008-2009 Millage Rat

(8/11/2008)AGENDA

- Presentation of Proposed 2008-2009 Millage Rat

(8/4/2008)AGENDA

- Presentation of ESPLOST Proposal for a Vote

- Presentation of Proposed 2008-2009 Millage Rat

(8/4/2008)AGENDA

- Presentation of Proposed 2008-2009 Millage Rat

(7/31/2008)AGENDA

- SPLOST Information

(7/28/2008)A G E N D A

- SPLOST Information

(7/21/2008)AGENDA

- SPLOST Discussion

(6/23/2008)AGENDA

- Budget Update

(3/17/2008)A G E N D A

- Wetlands Project Update

Submitted by PeteSake on Sun, 08/31/2008 - 2:33pm.

typed www.fcboe.org, clicked on School Board. clicked on eboard, entered splost into the search block and looked at what came up - that's the link I was trying to send

That is where I found the official thing that the board voted on that I cut and pasted

I still haven't found anything anywhere about any astroturf but I am keeping an open mind and waiting for sniffles to prove it's official.

I have emailed all the school board members and superintendent but haven't heard back yet...probably won't until Tuesday.

Not a school board member but glad you enjoyed thinking I was.

Submitted by PeteSake on Sun, 08/31/2008 - 4:13pm.

I emailed all the board members and superintendent. I got two responses so far...