- Taxing Churches
- Georgia law exempts "places of
worship" from taxes. Some judges and county
tax assessors in our state are saying this only applies to places where worship services
WHEN GOD MOVES....
- God works in strange and mysterious ways His wonders to perform.
Kenwood Baptist Church
- It was in 1954 that a small group of people were seeking the Lord's guidance about starting a new church in
the Fayette County area. At first they would meet in one another's homes, praying, singing and planning.
Be specific when you pray!
- For too many of us, prayer is often a nonspecific
exercise; sometimes we're too tired, or too rushed, or too lazy, and we
just breathe our little thoughts without a lot of concentration.
- Hein Vingerling, a native of Holland and now a
Fayetteville resident, had his first taste of foreign missions in 1989 on a trip
God's 'providence' leads to thriving church
- When the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist
Church asked the Rev. Jim Ellison if he wanted to start a new church in
his home county, he didn't hesitate to say "yes."