The inestimable Holy Spirit ...and Edgefield Baptist Church
- We have a constant reminder of the indomitable human spirit in our foyer
at our home in Fayetteville. Every time I lift the weights to wind the old
German grandfather clock in our house, I think of the family of God and the family of
man around the world.
Christian Church a bridge to the community
- "We view the Christian Church as a bridge church," said Dr. George E. Wascovich, pastor of The
Community Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). "Our church reaches out into all communities, welcoming all those
who believe in living as a Christian and believe in loving one another."
Bishop to speak in F'ville
- The Rt. Rev. Charles J. Child, Seventh Bishop of Atlanta,
will be the guest speaker at The Episcopal Church of the
Nativity Aug.16 at 9:30 a.m. He will facilitate an open forum,
"Everything you ever wanted to know about the
Episcopal Church but weren't sure about asking."
Guest pastor preaches at Edgefield anniversary
- Edgefield Baptist Church's special 128th anniversary service
last Sunday was "wonderful," said pastor Eddie Thomas,
attended by a couple hundred people.
But the tone of the service was altered a bit, he noted, since
the church's oldest deacon Coley Starr, 88 passed away just
days before. The deacon was related to about 80 percent of the
church, Thomas said.
Christ's love in action at SW Christian Hospice
- Walking into Southwest Christian Hospice feels like you're
walking into home. Warm lighting, cushy chairs and sofas, and a dining
room where families gather often would welcome any stranger.