F’ville Fire Dept. has top-notch pros

Tue, 02/17/2009 - 4:30pm
By: Letters to the ...

On a Sunday night, during the Super Bowl, our carbon monoxide detector went off, registering at 283. Earlier in the day another carbon monoxide alarm went off in the attic, so I was a little more concerned.

I tested the batteries, put them back in and waited to see if it went off again. It did. I called 911, and within minutes we could hear the sirens coming down Ga. Highway 92.

From the moment the fire truck arrived, they all acted quickly, professionally, friendly and were very helpful. I felt badly calling them out during the game, but no one gave any indication of being bothered.

Not only was our house cleared to go back into, but they called the gas company to come out that night and double-check to make sure it was safe to be indoors.

I would like to publicly thank them for helping us. These are top-notch men that we have working for the Fayetteville Fire Department. Each one deserves a big thank you from me and my family.

I wish I had their names to specifically thank them, but they know who they are. I have great confidence in their crew and ability to handle much bigger crises than what we had.

Phyllis Avrit

Fayetteville, Ga.

login to post comments