Armed robber lands in jail

Mon, 01/14/2008 - 9:26am
By: Ben Nelms

Quick action by Union City Police moments after a Jan. 4 armed robbery in downtown Fairburn landed the perpetrator in jail.

Cedric Lee Aundrea Clark, 19, of Union City, was charged with armed robbery, aggravated assault with intent to rob, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, according to Fairburn Police reports. Clark was also wanted on burglary charges in Fairburn, according to reports.

Fairburn officers were advised that an armed robbery had been committed at approximately 11:40 p.m. at the corner of Washington Street and Church Street. Officers contacted the victim who said he had been at the intersection, on the phone with a person named “Fly,” in an attempt to arrange a meeting to purchase marijuana, police reports said. The victim said a gray Oldsmobile passed him, then turned around and approached his location, said reports. Officers said later identified Clark as the man who exited the vehicle and placed a revolver to his left ear saying, “give it up.” The man fled with $25 and a white I-Pod, according to reports.

The arrest came after Union City Police Sgt. Paul Berry and a trainee responded to the Fairburn call referencing a gray Oldsmobile thought to be the suspect vehicle. Union City officers stopped the vehicle traveling north on U.S. Highway 29 at 11:50 p.m., according to Union City Sgt. George Louth. The vehicle also had an expired tag, he said. Officers identified Clark and held him for Fairburn officers. Union City officers also found a .38 caliber S&W revolver with three bullets in the chamber in the vehicle, Louth said.

Louth said the vehicle contained four occupants, including Clark and three males from various cities in the south Fulton area and a 15 year-old female.

In statements to Fairburn Police, Clark said he thought the victim “had more money and that he felt bad about taking only $25.”

login to post comments