PTC to OK 200 Kedron apartments?
- With no further complications, Peachtree City should be able to resolve at
its Oct. 1 meeting a lawsuit over apartment building.
PTC keeps same tax rate, but expects 16% revenue boost
- In a special meeting Sept. 23, the city kept its tax rate at 4.06 mills for
Planners to wade into Flat Creek wetlands controversy
- A bid for rezoning connected with a lawsuit, a quagmire of a question on wetlands and a dilemma about cars and school buses will have the Peachtree City Planning Commission
busy next Monday night.
PTC domestic violence calls up 36% so far in '98
- Incidents of domestic violence in Peachtree City have increased this year,
reports show, with four arrests last week in connection with "domestic violence
calls," said Police Chief Jim Murray.
New federal rules may affect some PTC golf carts
- There will be no golf-cart hot-rodding in Peachtree City without a seat belt.
Tyrone to develop long-range town plan
- Tyrone Councilman William L. Stone proposed the
development of a long range plan for town facilities and improvements at
the Town Council meeting Sept. 17.
Senoia is taking the plunge
- After much deliberation by the Senoia City Council,
it looks like Senoia will be back in the water business.
Grantville native stands alone to protect historic cabin
- The "Meadows cabin" is a "Grantville monument," David
A. Wilson says, and he will fight any attempt to move it
County, school board reduce property taxes
- As expected, the Coweta County Commission Tuesday lowered the tax rate
for the county's property owners for the sixth year in a row.
Speaker: Overby revealed Southern spirit
- William Thomas Overby's sacrifice was indicative of the spirit of The
South, state Rep. Lynn Westmoreland told the crowd gathered last week for a
School will be bursting with blooms
- Eastside Elementary School in Senoia can anticipate a paradise come spring when
the blooms and blossoms planted by the Old Town Sharpsburg Garden Club make their first
School board approves property tax reduction
- The Coweta County Board of Education voted Monday on
a slight decrease in property tax rates and had an informal
discussion on the apparent success of "block scheduling" in the
county's three high schools.
Senoia planners eye impact fees as key to future improvements
- The Senoia Planning Commission faces a big work load for
the next few months, but the result will be advantageous to the
town for years to come, the commissioners were told Tuesday.
Movies This Week